Get the most out of your appointments with your eye care team.
Being prepared can help you get the most out of your appointments and your recommended treatment plan with EYLEA. There are ways—before, during, and afterwards—that can help you prepare for your appointments.
Ask your eye doctor's office how long the appointment might be, and arrange for someone to drive you to and from the appointment. Besides assisting with transportation, your friends and loved ones can be a source of support for you.
A few things you'll want to bring with you to your appointment:
- A list of questions. Don't be afraid to ask them. Create your own personalized list of questions for your eye care team
- A list of all prescription and over-the-counter medicines you take and when you take them
- Dark glasses. Your eyes may be sensitive to light afterwards
*Rides in Sight is not affiliated or related to EYLEA, EYLEA4U®, or Regeneron. Regeneron does not influence or control the operations of Rides in Sight and cannot guarantee assistance will be provided. Rides in Sight is not an emergency service. If you have an emergency, call 9-1-1.
Your doctor will:
- Discuss the procedure with you
- Examine, wash, and numb your eye
- Check your eye pressure after the injection
- You may have some temporary visual problems. Do not drive or operate heavy machinery
- You may have a temporary increase in eye pressure. Your doctor should check for this
- Your eyes may be sensitive to light. Wear dark glasses
- You may experience side effects. Contact your doctor right away.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
EYLEA® (aflibercept) Injection is a prescription medicine approved for the treatment of patients with:
The information contained herein is provided for general educational purposes. If you have any questions, talk to your doctor.